October is more than a month filled with ghosts, ghouls and goofy costumes. It’s a time to remember how crucial cybersecurity is to your personal and professional lives. The nonprofit National Cybersecurity Alliance identified four key behaviors to focus on this Cybersecurity Awareness Month:
• Enabling multi-factor authentication: Take the extra step to ensure account users are proving their identities.
• Using strong passwords and a password manager: Management software can create robust passwords and store them safely.
• Updating software: Even if they seem unimportant, updates often patch security flaws.
• Recognizing and reporting phishing: You’ve probably seen (and hopefully deleted) scam emails.
– Three Wire Systems Digital Services Division, The Pittsburgh 100