We all love the holiday season. You know who doesn’t love it as much? Our bank accounts. Lucky for us, D.C. has plenty wallet-friendly things to do around the city to celebrate the holidays.
• National Christmas Tree Lighting– while the lighting was virtual this year, you can still visit the tree itself, lit from 4-10 p.m.
• Zoolights Express – the National Zoo takes its holiday installation on the road this year with a festively-decorated truck.
• Downtown Holiday Market – expanded this year to account for social distancing.
• Arlington National Cemetery – lay a wreath for Wreaths Across America Day on Dec. 20.
– Margot Calmar, The 100 Companies